Monday, October 4, 2010

JoyisaraGundi Waterfalls

These days going to the same place again and again has become a habit, because of the attraction of such places or sometimes obligation and some times both, though this trip started with a limp later it proved to be good. Few days back me & my 2 regular trekkers decided we would to go Joyisaragundi waterfalls nearby to our place though I had not enjoyed this place much during my previous visit we still decided to give it another try.
As luck would have it I forgot my rain coat and half way through it started raining heavily and to add to the misery I had a flat tyre may be my mindset things were moving awkwardly not having much idea as how to replace my tyre I was thankful I had friends who helped me with this, Sudheer Kumar & Rajesh Sir helped me lot ,we removed the wheel & started searching for a repair shop, after a little effort Sudheer sir & me were able to find one shop,since it was Sunday and this was the only shop available there was heavy rush and a single person was managing the whole show after waiting for some time we finally got it repaired and started on our journey again.
After a few minutes hike crossing an elegant estate we reached the top of the waterfalls. Compared to last time water level was little less. But I felt this is the best time to visit this place, we spent a lot of time at the bottom of the first step but next part was very difficult, we did small trek inside the thick forest stepped down towards half of the next step.
Here water plunges beautifully & this step is much bigger than the first one. This time we were able to climb down half of the second step which was little risky but everyone enjoyed it, standing on the steep slippery rocks & enjoying the beauty of the valley below which was covered by Rocky Mountains from both side which gave us a tremendous happiness. Bottom of this falls we saw a big pond but because of rain we were not able to reach it.
We spent lot of time here and enjoyed in our own way. I decided I should visit this place once again in next season. On our return we visited one smaller waterfall Sirikalagundi which was a very easy approach by road, after spending some time at this place we started back with initial hiccups our trek did end in a nice way and monsoon has its own way of healing mind and body.......

No comments: